This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Virtual machines and licensing

Hello,

I read in one posting, i can't find again, that 1Password (btw, i am using the family pack), is licensed to the user rather than the machine. I run several Window XP virtual machines over Ubuntu/Mint -- each configured for a specific work purpose -- sometimes even created for ad-hoc tasks. I'd like to install some of those 1Password. Each virtual machine has a different internal ip assigned. Can i do such installations again and again as i need from the license perspective. Would i run into problems because different virtual machines usually have different mac and ip addresses assigned.

I am the only user of the computer.

thanks,

Daniel

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='grossd' timestamp='1327925443' post='57843']

I am the only user of the computer.

[/quote]

Go ahead and use your 1Password license on the other (virtual) machines.
  • Regardless of the IPs and regardless of whether they're virtual or physical machines, Daniel, a 1Password for Windows single-user license entitles you to install the software on as many PCs as you like, as long as you're the only user. A family license extends that entitlement to four more members of your family living in the same household as you.