This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestion add some keyboard options for "go and login"

stephen-m3
stephen-m3 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Within 1P, I currently know of two ways to tell 1P to go to a particular website and login: 1) double-click on the site in the Item List, and 2) click on the little arrow to the left of the site url in the Item Detail pane.

As a dedicated keyboard jockey, I've tried a bunch of key options for accomplishing the same thing. With a particular item selected, I've tried cmd-o, <return>, cmd-return, and maybe a couple of others I've forgotten about. None of them work, and I wonder why not. One of the great things about Mac software is that there are usually several ways to accomplish a task, so people can choose the method that works and thinks the way they do.

So: "go and login" keyboard shortcuts, please! :-D

(I love the "Show Logins" heads-up display and use it often. But that's a Safari keyboard option, and this post addresses keyboard options in 1P.)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Are you wanting something more than what's discussed in:

[url=http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?24569-Automatic-username-and-password-filling&p=120917]Automatic username and password filling?[/url]

?
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='stephen-m3'](I love the "Show Logins" heads-up display and use it often. But that's a Safari keyboard option, and this post addresses keyboard options in 1P.)[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for this clarification, and for the feedback! You'll find this option in the File menu: select a login and click File > Go and Fill Login. You'll also see the default keyboard shortcut listed there: ⌥⌘↩ To change this keyboard shortcut, you can use System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts.

I hope that helps!
  • stephen-m3
    stephen-m3 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi Gita,

Yes, your response helps a lot. With <tab> to navigate to the Items column, the arrow keys to navigate through the Items List, and opt-cmd-<return> to activate the selected item, my hands never have to leave the keyboard. Outstanding!

Thanks for the help.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    You're most welcome, Stephen. I'm glad we could help you get things sorted. Thanks for updating the thread! =)