This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

iPad app features.

Billyto
Billyto Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hey guys,

Are guy planning to add the "copy" button next to the password field on the iPad version? additionally, what about the 1P button for the safari ipad version?

thanks!

-Billy

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, Billy. Adding a button to Mobile Safari isn't possible right now, I'm sorry. Mobile Safari isn't extensible with plug-ins like Safari on the Mac, so we aren't able to integrate 1Password in the same way.

To copy on the iPad, tap and hold what you want to copy until "Copy" appears, then tap that.
  • Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    New to the app and the whole ithing. Longtime Palm/Keyring user.

The iPhone version is obviously more mature, and I assume the iPad version is headed there.

Need a password generator.

The main thing that's bugging me right now are the UI inconsistencies.

Damn, had it all as a note in 1P, copied but it won't paste here.

Oh, I see, copy from a note only works in edit mode, although the copy bubble appears.

UI inconsistencies.

Fields under identities are grammar free, which is fine.

However, User ID & password under logins are auto-cap, and really shouldn't be.

Change password, Done button should be on screen,

not on keyboard, just like it is in Editing Note window.

Sync.

Restore iPad to iPhone, asks for password,

But still need to quit and open to see data.

Have to have 4 digit numerical PIN on iPad to sync with iPhone,

but the keyboard comes up in ABC.

Lots of little hindrances and extra keystrokes.

It's a good start, though.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Dan Richardson']New to the app and the whole ithing. Longtime Palm/Keyring user.

The iPhone version is obviously more mature, and I assume the iPad version is headed there.

Need a password generator.

The main thing that's bugging me right now are the UI inconsistencies.

Damn, had it all as a note in 1P, copied but it won't paste here.

Oh, I see, copy from a note only works in edit mode, although the copy bubble appears.

UI inconsistencies.

Fields under identities are grammar free, which is fine.

However, User ID & password under logins are auto-cap, and really shouldn't be.

Change password, Done button should be on screen,

not on keyboard, just like it is in Editing Note window.

Sync.

Restore iPad to iPhone, asks for password,

But still need to quit and open to see data.

Have to have 4 digit numerical PIN on iPad to sync with iPhone,

but the keyboard comes up in ABC.

Lots of little hindrances and extra keystrokes.

It's a good start, though.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums, Dan!

We are both innovating with the iPad interface for 1Password as well as doing some "catchup" from the other platforms as we receive more feedback about it from our customers.

Most of the items you mention have already been requested by other, but we do appreciate knowing how they impact you as well.

Just a note on your request for the keyboard to come up in numeric mode because you have a numeric Master Password: that would be quite a security "advantage" to someone picking up your iPad. They'd now know that at least the first character is likely a digit and that narrows down the possible list of passwords greatly. We take the only generic approach and leave the typist guessing.

Keep an eye out for updates... there are changes and fixes being worked on that we think will improve your experience.
  • Dan Richardson
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MartyS']Just a note on your request for the keyboard to come up in numeric mode because you have a numeric Master Password: that would be quite a security "advantage" to someone picking up your iPad. They'd now know that at least the first character is likely a digit and that narrows down the possible list of passwords greatly. We take the only generic approach and leave the typist guessing.[/QUOTE]

No more of an advantage than it is on the iphone version, which only accepts numbers.

If I'm concerned that someone's going to guess their way in, I can start with a letter.

See what I did there? They'll never guess it now!
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Dan Richardson']No more of an advantage than it is on the iphone version, which only accepts numbers.

If I'm concerned that someone's going to guess their way in, I can start with a letter.

See what I did there? They'll never guess it now![/QUOTE]

LOL. I'll request that Apple change the Mail app so the default keyboard layout be numeric since every message should start out with "1Password ..." (is the greatest!) and that would eliminate switching keyboards just to type the first letter. :)
  • Dan Richardson
    edited December 1969
    While that's funny and all, I'm forced to use a numeric password as long as I

want to sync my pad and phone. There's an additional gratuitous keystroke

every single time I open the program. Should be optional.

I'd also like the ability to have the program stay unlocked until a screen lock event.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Dan Richardson']While that's funny and all, I'm forced to use a numeric password as long as I

want to sync my pad and phone. There's an additional gratuitous keystroke

every single time I open the program. Should be optional.[/QUOTE]

Well, we're working on a much better sync solution so you won't need to do that anymore. We're very close to getting Dropbox sync up and running for all 1Password devices, so you can sync the data between your iPhone and iPad without having to set your master password to be numeric.

[QUOTE]I'd also like the ability to have the program stay unlocked until a screen lock event.[/QUOTE]

You can already do this, if you go to Settings > Security and change the Auto-Lock to 'Only on Exit or Device Lock'. When iOS4 comes to the iPad and we've updated the apps you'll also find that this works when you switch away from the app too.

Thanks again for the feedback,
  • Dan Richardson
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='stu']When iOS4 comes to the iPad and we've updated the apps you'll also find that this works when you switch away from the app too.[/QUOTE]

Cool, that's the part I'm waiting for. Bugs me to re-enter the password every time as I go back and forth between Safari and 1Password.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Dan Richardson']Cool, that's the part I'm waiting for. Bugs me to re-enter the password every time as I go back and forth between Safari and 1Password.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean, not sure when Apple plan to release iOS 4 for the iPad, chances are it'll be after we update the apps to support it anyway :-)
  • Dan Richardson
    edited December 1969
    This week I replaced my iphone 2g with a 3gs running ios 4.0.

I'm not seeing that behavior. 1P still locks when I switch to another app.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Dan Richardson']This week I replaced my iphone 2g with a 3gs running ios 4.0.

I'm not seeing that behavior. 1P still locks when I switch to another app.[/QUOTE]

Dan, 1Password has not yet been updated to support iOS4's features, like fast application switching.
  • Dan Richardson
    edited December 1969
    Ah, I was reading into it something that wasn't there.

Thanks.
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Dan Richardson']Ah, I was reading into it something that wasn't there.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Thanks for your patience!