This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Convert from RoboForm

morslene
morslene Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Maybe I'm just missing it. I'm a recent convert from RoboForm. I miss the ability to set levels of security by password. As far as I can tell, with Password, if I want my daughters to have access to the password to autofill their games sites, they then have access to my banking info. Is this right? In RoboForm, the master password was only needed for sites that I designated. Am I just missing this ability in Password?

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, morslene! At this time, 1Password for Mac doesn't have support for multiple levels of security. This is something that we would like to implement in the future, but I don't have a timeframe for you.

In the meantime, the best way to handle this scenario would be to create a limited OS X user account for your daughters to use. They could then have their own 1Password data file that contains just the login items they need.
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Hi morslane,

I'd like to add to what Gita said. OS X really is designed to be a multiuser system. I set up an account for my daughter years ago and it has worked out great. This also means that she can freely play around with the system without damaging anything that is important to me.

Also as Gita said, multiple levels of security are certainly something we've been thinking about. Some of the infrastructure for this is already built into the design of our data format. For the iPhone we already do have this. Low security items can be unlocked with a 4 digit code, while everything else requires a master password.

So we have laid some of the ground work for this, and it is something that we and many users would like to see happen, but I can't make any promises about a time frame. In any event, for reasons that don't have to do with 1Password, I do very strongly encourage you to set up separate accounts for each member of your household. You can do this through System Preferences > Accounts.

Cheers,

-j