This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Go and Fill not working with KaiserPay Online

DavidB
DavidB Senior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
With 1Password 3.2.5 (build 30665) and OS X 10.6.4, when I use Go and Fill to access KaiserPay Online <https://ebill.kaiserpermanente.org/cgi/kaiserpay-bin/vortex.cgi>, somehow "Forgot your password" gets clicked and I am taken to a Forgot Password screen. The same thing happens if I use a keyboard shortcut to enter my login information.

If I enter my username and password manually and click Login, everything works fine.

Any workaround (besides logging in manually)?

Thank you,

David

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Hi David,

Sorry about the difficulty you are having on that site. It appears that when 1Password first learned about that particular login page the "Forget your password" box on that page was checked, so 1Password learned to always check that box.

Fortunately it is easy to re-teach 1Password about how you really want that form filled out. Go to that login page and follow these steps.

1. Enter your username and password (copy and paste from 1Password), but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.

3. Set the Action to Replace <login-name>, to update the existing Login item.

4. Click the Save button.

This will re-teach 1Password about the details of that particular webpage and what you want checked (or not) on it. After this, you should be able to fill that page without problem.

I hope that helps. Please post back if you have any further questions or difficulties.

Cheers!

-j
  • DavidB
    DavidB Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='jpgoldberg']

1. Enter your username and password (copy and paste from 1Password), but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.

3. Set the Action to Replace <login-name>, to update the existing Login item.

4. Click the Save button.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately I had tried that several times before posting. I just tried it again a few times but still get the same result. (I also tried saving as a new Login.) If it makes any difference, my default browser is Camino 2.0.3.

David
  • DavidB
    DavidB Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='jpgoldberg'] It appears that when 1Password first learned about that particular login page the "Forget your password" box on that page was checked, so 1Password learned to always check that box.

[/QUOTE]

Also in case it makes any difference, "Forget your password" is a link, not a box.

David
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='DavidB']With 1Password 3.2.5 (build 30665) and OS X 10.6.4…[/QUOTE]

Sorry for keeping you waiting, David. Camino 2.0.3 support was added in the 1Password 3.3 betas. It's not available in a non-beta version yet. That said, I don't believe that has any bearing on this case. I was able to reproduce the problem easily using Camino 2.0.3 and the latest 1Password 3.3 beta, and also in Safari. I think what is happening is that 1Password simulates pressing Return after filling the login form and this, for some reason, goes to the "forgot password" page instead of pressing the Login button. If you hold down the option key while selecting the login from the 1Password menu, so that 1Password fills the form but doesn't submit it, and then place your cursor in the password field and press the return key, the same thing happens: you are taken to the "forgot password" page.

I'm afraid I don't have a solution for you, just a workaround: disable autosubmit for this site by running 1Password, locating the login item, clicking the Edit button, and setting Submit to Never. This will enable you to use 1Password to fill the form using either Go & Fill Login or the Fill Login keyboard shortcut. You'll just need to click the Login button manually after the form is filled.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, but I hope that gets you by for now.