This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

.ws.agile.1Password.settings

Hello,

My 1Password saves data into my dropbox into the directory 1password. But in the main-directory of dropbox I have a file named ".ws.agile.1Password.settings". Do the program really need this file or can I delete it?

Second question I have is, that 1Password has full-access to my Dropbox. Is it possilbe to change, so that 1Password has only access to the 1password-directory?

Best regards,

Philipp

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Hi Phillipp

Yes you need the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]".ws.agile.1Password.settings" file if you delete it...It should be recreated... It is needed to allow your iOS device to sync to your Dropbox account. All it is...Is a pointer file it tells the iOS device where your data file lives in your Dropbox.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]In re to the full access settings:[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Dropbox when they initially started the API allowed sandbox access, but they pulled it due to some issues they have not made public. All apps at the moment are full access. They are suppose to allow sandbox access again in the future. They have just started a new API beta with some revamping etc but AFAIK sandbox access still has not returned.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Having said that I am not sure what changes the 1Password team would need to make for such access. They will need to comment on that. But at this point in time I don't think its really needed as Dropbox has to do there part first.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I also would like to see sandbox access because it should allow us to do away with that pesky [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]".ws.agile.1Password.settings" file.[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There were some apps that made it into the Dropbox API before they pulled the sandbox access. The only one I can say for sure is "2DO" as it is has sandbox access only to its folder. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Honestly I would love to see all apps unless they have specific requirements be limited to sandbox as some of my app have no reason for full access. Like some of my alternate browsers for iOS.[/font][/color]

--

Tom Hightower

AgileBits (1Password) Support Moderator / Dropbox Forum Moderator[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]