This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Autosubmit disabled after updating main application

Mark Badolato
edited March 2012 in Windows
Current version: 1.0.9.289, but I've noticed this with the last (at least) 3 versions.

Windows 7

Whenever I update to a new release of 1Password, the Auto Submit Logins preference gets unset. Not a huge deal, I just have to go back into preferences and check it again, but just wanted to let you know.

My home machine (a Mac) does not exhibit this behavior, only my work Windows machine.

--mark

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    We've seen a few scattered reports of this over the past few months, but there never seems to be a way to reproduce it or any correlation. I think this is the first time I've heard of it in Windows, so it is funny that your Mac doesn't exhibit this behavior. It really is the strangest thing.

We're trying to gather some data, but so far there is absolutely no common denominator in any of the cases that we can find.

Did autosubmit change from OFF to ON or from ON to OFF with the update?

Do you mean that an [i]extension[/i] update caused autosubmit to change? Or a 1Password [i]program[/i] update?

Thanks for providing any details you can.
  • It changed from On to Off. It was when I updated 1Password (program) itself
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Very strange. Both of those are the opposite from what I've seen previously reported. We will keep an eye on this and see if any other reports surface. I'm assuming you didn't just accidentally click the header in the extension at about the same time you updated the app, but could that be possible?

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/browser-extensions/autosubmit-trouble-login-is-being-filled-in-but-i-am-not-being-signed-in

Please do let me know if you are able to reproduce it.
  • You know, that's entirely possible, though I think it would be entirely coincidental given that I've noticed it happen with the last few releases. But, I wouldn't rule that out.

Given that this doesn't/hasn't been a concern on the Windows version til I reported this (and it's only me), I would say it's quite possible. Occasionally the extension window doesn't pop up for me when I click the icon, so perhaps I've double clicked or mis-clicked and hit that header and toggled it. Maybe it wasn't the last few releases, and just seems that way, given that I've had to fix the preferences a few times recently.

I didn't even know that toggle option existed (learn something new every day!)

I'll monitor and report back.

--mark