This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Bookmarklet just stopped working

brijazz
edited April 2012 in iOS
I had been using a bookmarklet on my iOS devices which would open 1Password. It had been working well, but in the last week or so, it's simply stopped working. Here's the bookmarklet:

[i]javascript:window.location='onepassword://'+window.location.href.substring(window.location.href.indexOf('//')+2)[/i]

I also tried this bookmarklet:

[i]javascript:window.location=%27onepassword://%27+window.location[/i]

With either one, Safari throws an error reading: [i]cannot open the page because the address is invalid.[/i]

Any suggestions on how to get this working again?

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited April 2012
    The custom URL scheme was changed to onepassword3:// in the latest update. However, bookmarklets have been deprecated for a few versions now.

We are looking at some ways to make using 1Password in iOS even more convenient, but we can't announce anything at this time. I wish I had better news [i]right now[/i], but I think what we have planned will be worth the wait.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • h00ligan
    h00ligan Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    So I see it's depricated, even the lookup one.. and I have faith you all will get something great out...

however, since we know the bookmarklet should work.... I changed it to

"javascript:window.location='onepassword3://'+window.location" which switches to 1p, where i can authenticate, but it doesn't load a lookup of the site I am on....

[i]javascript:window.location='onepassword3://'+window.location.href.substring(window.location.href.indexOf('//')+2)[/i] causes a can't find... Maybe it's too early in the morning.. it is something I've been meaning to sort out

What am I doing incorrectly? or is it just broken?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    The custom URL scheme is not a reliable means of interacting with iOS apps. It has been deprecated (i.e. no longer supported). I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but please stay tuned.