This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Other Search by tags

thightower
thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
edited July 2010 in Mac
I know someone has probably suggested this but I wanted to bring it up again.

When I do a search by tag, the info is just grouped together but I have no way to sort I would love to make it alphabetical so that I can check for duplicate logins.

Edit

Hmmmm

Found a way by clicking the tag and putting login in the search box, and then changing the selection to search selected section.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='thightower']When I do a search by tag, the info is just grouped together but I have no way to sort I would love to make it alphabetical so that I can check for duplicate logins. [/QUOTE]

Tommy, I'm not sure I understand. It sure sounds like the workaround you found might be more difficult than it needs to be. =) When I search, I set Kind to "Any" and Tag contains "tagName", then I click the Title column header and my search results are alphabetised. This is true regardless of my chosen layout.

Are you seeing something different?
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Hmm Since I am really getting started using tags after leaving folders behind maybe I am doing something wrong. This is what I see when I do a search by tag.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Something's not right, Tommy. Are you using 3.2.5 or the latest beta? I can try to downgrade to a previous version and see if I can reproduce the problem. I am using 3.3 b14 at the moment, and the difference is that where your column header says 277 items by <blank>, mine says 277 items by Title. Then I click the arrow and can sort by any of the other usual criteria, or reverse the sort order. You don't have any of those options, which is very strange! What if you exit out of the search, and are just in the normal application view, do you have the normal column header then?
  • thightower
    thightower &quot;T-Dog&quot; Agile&#39;s Mascot Community Moderator
    edited July 2010
    I am always on the latest betas :) 14 to be exact. Wouldn't have it any other way

If I click out of the search the normal options like title, location tags etc return.

Edit : I cant reproduce this on my mini via VPN so I ll just do a clean install once the new public release is out.

Thanks for the help. :)