This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Folder structure occasionally flattens

jeffrod
edited May 2012 in Windows
I bought 1Password recently and am getting the hang of it but I have ran into a problem a few times. Every once in a while, all of the folders I created to organize me passwords get flattened. For example, if this is my structure:

[CODE]┌─ Folder1

├─ Folder2

│ ├─ Folder3

│ └─ Folder4

│ └─ Folder5

└─ Folder6[/CODE]

Sooner or later, it collapses to

[CODE]┌─ Folder1

├─ Folder2

├─ Folder3

├─ Folder4

├─ Folder5

└─ Folder6[/CODE]

Everything else - all of the passwords and logins - they are intact in the proper folders. However, the folders are not nested anymore.

Sometimes I use 1Password on Windows. Sometimes I do it on a Mac. Could that be related somehow?

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, jeffrod. Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. I must say that I have never heard of this problem before.

Do you notice any pattern to the occurrence?

Are there any reproducible steps I could take to see the same on my own machine?

I know we at AgileBits (and many of our customers) have nested folders syncing across multiple platforms including Mac and Windows with no problems, so I would like to try to figure out what may be unique in your case.

I presume you are syncing via Dropbox, but can you confirm that?

Does it happen when you add or edit an edit in one of the [nested] folders?
  • Hi Khad. Sorry I didnt respond. I never got a notification. Ill have to double check those settings.

No, I am not syncing with Dropbox. Is that required? It is just on a shared network drive. My network doesn't allow Dropbox so I hope their is another means of sharing. The only pattern that I have noticed is that the folders are flattened on opening 1Password. They are never flattened while I am in the program and using it.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    [quote]It is just on a shared network drive.[/quote]

Unfortunately, this may be the problem. Storing 1Password data on a network share is not supported. For the sake of troubleshooting (and possibly data integrity) please move your data to your local drive and see if the issue persists.