This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

FYI: "Find Existing" doesn't see agilekeychain_folder as special

Jay Levitt
Jay Levitt Junior Member
edited May 2012 in Mac
I have 1Password 3.8.19 installed at home on Lion, using Dropbox sync on my personal Dropbox account. I'm at work, also on Lion, with a Dropbox For Teams account.

I've shared the 1Password.agilekeychain_folder from my home account to my work account, and it's finished syncing to my work Mac under ~/Dropbox. But my 1Password 3.8.19 here doesn't seem to recognize that it's an Agile Keychain; when I use "Find Existing Data File" and click "Open", it just opens the folder like any other folder; see the screen shots.

I managed to get it to recognize the folder by setting the data file directly in Preferences. So it looks like it's just a bug in the installation wizard.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    The data file should be called [b]1Password.agilekeychain [/b]rather than [b]1Password.agilekeychain_folder[/b]. The [b].agilekeychain[/b] extension is important. It would be similar to renaming a Word document from [b].doc[/b] to [b].doc_ument[/b]. The extension will not be recognized by the application.

By default, 1Password will place your data file in a subfolder to facilitate easier sharing across Dropbox:

[b]~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain[/b]

I would recommend renaming your data file and moving it to the subfolder.

Please let me know how it goes.
  • Jay Levitt
    Jay Levitt Junior Member
    Right you are! Somehow, back when I switched to Agile Keychain format, the folder got named incorrectly. I renamed it from .agilekeychain_folder to .agilekeychain, it now shows up in Finder as a bundle/package, and 1Password on both my home and new Macs found it from "Find Existing File".

Thanks!
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited June 2012
    [quote name='Jay Levitt' timestamp='1340193537' post='60400']

Right you are! Somehow, back when I switched to Agile Keychain format, the folder got named incorrectly. I renamed it from .agilekeychain_folder to .agilekeychain, it now shows up in Finder as a bundle/package, and 1Password on both my home and new Macs found it from "Find Existing File".

Thanks!

[/quote]

Just in case you are curious.

Usually that name change occurred when someone tried to use idisk syncing way back when it was an option. It was a way to facilitate the idisk syncing.

Mine was named that ([b]1Password.agilekeychain_folder[/b]) way back when. Just a little history. As khad mentioned its no longer needed as idisk is almost history. Not to mention Apple recommended it not being used for rapidly changing files.