This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Fill letters from a password

KevinS
KevinS Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi Guys,

Love the app and continue to use it despite the lure of 2 factor authentication offered by Lastpass - see Steve Gibson's Security Now podcasts nos 256 & 257. If you could find a way to implement this (with a yubikey or USB thumbdrive) this would be fantastic.

With several of my bank logins I have pages which ask for email address and then on a second line rather than the whole of a password it asks for the 3rd, 1st & 6th letters of a password - this varies each time I login (these are to be entered into individual entry boxes or chosen from dropdown menus). To do this I have to open 1P app and look them up and type them in by hand. Is there a way to get 1P to understand what is being requested? This would make life much simpler.

Thanks again

Kevin

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Kevin,

You're right, this would be a fantastic feature and one I'd love to see myself. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a standard way of handling these amongst the banks, like there is (at least to an extent) with login forms, this means that it would be virtually impossible for 1Password to know which character of the password is being requested at any given time. Maybe we can find another solution to this, but I can't promise if and when something like this could be implemented.

It's a shame the banks don't know about 1Password really, because instead of going for these complicated security systems that, at least in my opinion, don't add any real security, they could just encourage their customers to buy our product :-)

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now,