This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Is Carl still around?

DavidB
DavidB Senior Member
edited December 1969 in Lounge
I haven't noticed Carl's presence in the forums for a while. Just curious--is he still with Agile? I have always admired him for his extremely polite way of dealing with complaints.

David

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    edited December 1969
    David, we miss Carl, too. <:(
  • Carl
    Carl Just Me
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='DavidB']I haven't noticed Carl's presence in the forums for a while. Just curious--is he still with Agile? I have always admired him for his extremely polite way of dealing with complaints.

David[/QUOTE]

Glad to see that after spending 3 years of my life supporting 1Password that someone finally noticed I was gone. :)

To be blunt and straightforward (since I do not know any way to really sugar coat it), I was fired in mid-December of 2009. Saying that I didn't have any hard feelings would be lying so that sort of explains my lack of posts since that time. I do check in from time to time and read posts. I'm not really wanting to air any "dirty laundry" publicly so that is pretty much all I will say in that regard. ;)

Most recently, I've just been battling bouts of depression and facing impending financial ruin as I continue to look for a viable source of income. :) So pride be tossed out the window at this point, I am all ears if anyone has any opportunities to share or knows of anything in that regard.

Thanks for the kind words! They really help at the present time. :)

Carl
  • thightower
    thightower &quot;T-Dog&quot; Agile&#39;s Mascot Community Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Hi

Carl a few of us have indeed noticed you missing in action. I pulled up your profile and noticed that it was changed to "Just Me" and thought maybe I shouldn't ask anything about it, possibly a way to private matter much like your post indicates. You are indeed missed around here.

Edit: I was thinking about when well managed to hijack that thread in the pre beta 3.0 days, and laughing to myself the other day. I always remember your reply. You only hijacked it if you got away with it. Which included myself, yourself and a few others. Fond memories on my part.

Nice to hear from you. You need or want to talk about anything at all send me a PM. and we can exchange emails etc.
  • Carl
    Carl Just Me
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='thightower']Hi

Carl a few of us have indeed noticed you missing in action. I pulled up your profile and noticed that it was changed to "Just Me" and thought maybe I shouldn't ask anything about it, possibly a way to private matter much like your post indicates. You are indeed missed around here.

[/quote]

Nice to hear. Thanks

[quote name='thightower']

Edit: I was thinking about when well managed to hijack that thread in the pre beta 3.0 days, and laughing to myself the other day. I always remember your reply. You only hijacked it if you got away with it. Which included myself, yourself and a few others. Fond memories on my part.

[/quote]

Yes, there were some threads that definitely creating some memories.

[quote name='thightower']

Nice to hear from you. You need or want to talk about anything at all send me a PM. and we can exchange emails etc.[/QUOTE]

You have waterproof shoulders? LOL
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Carl']

You have waterproof shoulders? LOL[/QUOTE]

I do. You've got my contact info. :) (or if you don't feel free to PM me)
  • thightower
    thightower &quot;T-Dog&quot; Agile&#39;s Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Carl,

Dave is considering killing the PM feature due to spamming etc. I am sending you mine contact info via a pm n case you need it, for what ever the reason, and I do mean what ever. My doors open so to speak.
  • DavidB
    DavidB Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Carl']To be blunt and straightforward (since I do not know any way to really sugar coat it), I was fired in mid-December of 2009.[/QUOTE]

I am very sorry to hear that, but I have no doubt that with your excellent communications skills, you will find another position that will prove to be equally if not more satisfying.

Apologies for the very delayed response--

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.