This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Backup probs, not doing the backups as set up

Hi there,

I have some probs with the backups of my vaults. Using two vaults with around 3GB.. I have set up Knox to make the backups every day at 23:00 and to keep only 1 backup, as I backup to the Dropbox.

It is doing the backups once at 14:32 or yesterday at 9:49, today at 23:29 and it created a complete new backup today, so I have now two backups and my Dropbox is full now. It never did the backup at 23:00.

My MacBook is switched on at this time, so this cannot be the reason..

Any ideas?

Cheers,

brasax

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Brasax,

I'm sorry about this. There is a known bug in the backups system where it is not consistent with the settings you configured, this is a second bug that showed up recently (we fixed the first one in the last update). Most of us can't reproduce this yet, it doesn't happen to everybody. We think it may have been triggered by an OS update that changed the way we do backups.

Unfortunately, we're still in the process of trying to figure out what's going on but I don't know when we'll have a solid fix for this. We'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

In the meantime, try reconfiguring Knox to back up to a different folder and see if it'll back up more consistently that way. If not, you can do manual backups by ejecting the vaults first and then copying vaults into the Dropbox folder while renaming them to indicate that it is a backup.

I'm sorry that I do not have a better answer for you. Please let me know if that helps at all.

Thanks!
  • not really..

Any idea when a fix will come?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    I take your reply to mean that already tried reconfiguring Knox to back up to a different folder and did not find any greater success that way.

I'm sorry I don't have time frame for a specific release right now, but this is definitely on our radar.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi there,

We made some changes with the Backups system in Knox, please update to Knox 2.2 Beta 2 as mentioned here: http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/10848-knox-22-betas-are-available-with-fixes-for-mountain-lion/

Hopefully, this helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!