This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: Neither Dock nor Menu

chucksense
chucksense Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
Hi,

Just a very quick thing. I would like Knox to be able to reside in neither the Dock [b]nor[/b] the Menu Bar.

Like many great utilities, my use of Knox is as something that sits in the background and just makes life easier when I need it. My menu bar is full already and I certainly don't want it on the Dock (cluttering my Cmd-Tab).

My biggest use of it is to handle the 'Entire disk' use-case, so only running it on-demand is not a good option for me. I plug/unplug from the encrypted disk many times a day—and this use case is what makes Knox such a gem in my opinion!

Can the preference for it be updated such that it can essentially be invisible (but invoked when needed)? If this is already possible, am I just missing how (I've tried to drag it off the menu bar...)?

As always thank you for your wonderful software!

Cheers,

-Chuck

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Chuck,

I'm not entirely sure this is possible, but I'll certainly pass it along to the developers to double check, my understanding is that an app either needs to be in the menu-bar or in the dock to be running.

Thanks for the feedback though, I can't promise if and when we'd be able to implement this if it is possible of course