This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

harmless errors?

ilove1password
ilove1password Member
edited July 2012 in Mac Beta
When I update 1PasswordBeta I get the output below. I am wondering what these errors mean and whether they are harmless.

Output...

joe$ update1passwordbeta

Downloading new build of 1PasswordBeta...

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current

Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

100 13.5M 100 13.5M 0 0 3087k 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 3099k

Removing old version...

Copying over new version...

Running asctl command for container folders...

asctl: unable to read container for /Applications/1PasswordBeta.app: The file “Container.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

asctl: unable to read container for /Applications/1PasswordBeta.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password Helper.app: The file “Container.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

asctl: unable to read container for /Applications/1PasswordBeta.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password Helper.app/Contents/XPCServices/ThumbnailService.xpc: The file “Container.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Starting 1PasswordBeta...

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Interesting. I see different set of messages:

[CODE]

Running asctl command for container folders...

asctl: /Applications/1PasswordBeta.app's designated requirement already in ACL for ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx

asctl: /Applications/1PasswordBeta.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password Helper.app's designated requirement already in ACL for ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

asctl: /Applications/1PasswordBeta.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password Helper.app/Contents/XPCServices/ThumbnailService.xpc's designated requirement already in ACL for ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-thumbs

Starting 1PasswordBeta...

[/CODE]

Do you have the version 3.9 from Mac App Store installed?
  • ilove1password
    ilove1password Member
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for your response.

Yes. 3.9.5 and 3.9.6 are in /Applications, and 3.8.19 is in /Applications/old\ 1Password
  • ilove1password
    ilove1password Member
    edited July 2012
    Nevermind! It was me. I caused some of the files to get problematic permissions because I had previously run the update through a shell script invoked by a c executable with the setuid attribute.

I also needed to run "Remove all previews..." from the Preferences -> Logins tab of the non-beta MAS version to get the com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-thumbs container created.

Now I get the same output as you.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Good to know. Thank you for the update!