This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Wildcard domain matching is automatic

I am trying to use wild cards "*domain.com".

When I open a tab to a URL and search for the login in entry it always appears below the dropdown bar.

I select "open in current tab" and it opens a new tab, which of course Safari says invalid url.

I am using Lion 10.7.4 and 1Password 3.8.20

Any help would be appreciated .

I really dont want to have to create a login item for all the different sites under the domain.

Ron

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited August 2012
    Hi Ron,

Wildcards are not supported since they are not necessary. Just save the Login [i]using the extension[/i] and 1Password will automatically record the correct the URL. [b]The Login will be available to you on any page on that same domain. You don't need to save more than one if the credentials are the same.[/b]

If 1Password is not prompting you to save a Login when you log into a site, you can save the Login manually like this:

1. Enter your credentials on the site, but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.

3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).

4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • hahnerd
    hahnerd Junior Member
    That worked great on login pages but when I get a drop down like the below the 1Password button on Safari is not active

[img]webkit-fake-url://EEFA253A-2E7B-43ED-8DD5-2C6823B0F75E/image.tiff[/img]
  • hahnerd
    hahnerd Junior Member
    see if the picture will post this time

[img]webkit-fake-url://EEFA253A-2E7B-43ED-8DD5-2C6823B0F75E/image.tiff [/img]
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Sorry. You'll need to attach the image as a file or upload it somewhere and post the actual web URL. If you see webkit-fake-url:// at the beginning of what you are posting it is not a valid URL.

You can click the "More Reply Options" button, "Choose File" and then "Attach File" as shown here:

[img]https://img.skitch.com/20120806-kb5ba1r3twyx1r72cdd5rj3649.png[/img]

Or just let me know the URL, and I'd be glad to take a look at it myself.

Thanks!