This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Firefox Add-On has more logins than 1PW itself

pauLee
pauLee Junior Member
It´s a bit difficult to explain but I will try ...

Today I changed my 1PW Data (1Password.agilekeychain) against another one. The only diffence between them was one login (in the old keychain was one more).

Now with the new keychain everything is well. The only strange thing is that the Firefox Add-On knows the explained one login. 1PW itself doesn´t know that login, I have searched for it and did not find - which is ok, because this login is not stored in the new keychain.

My question: why does the Firefox Add-On find this login, how can it be?

I have removed the Add-On and reinstalled it, I removed the cache, restarted the computer (Win7). Nothing helps.

For Information: 1PW 1.0.9.296, Firefox Add-On 3.9.5.

Comments

• pauLee
    pauLee Junior Member
    Very strange behavior ... I deleted my 1Password.agilekeychain, so 1PW has no data. It asks my now to create a new keychain, open en existing or restore from backup - so no data exists. BUT the Add-On still has all the logins. Where the hell does it come from?

I made a windows search for any "1Password.agilekeychain" but I could not find. Does the Add-On cache the logins?

Please help!!
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Paul,

The 1Password browser extension for Firefox stores its own encrypted database that is being synced between the extension and the main 1Password app by 1Password Helper, this is also true in Chrome and Safari in case you might ask.

The issue is that there are some restrictions in Firefox where if you uninstall 1Password, it can't clean up and remove the database. This works fine in Chrome and Safari.

So, to get rid of your database, please do the following here: https://mikhailt.clarify-it.com/d/windows_firefox_db

I hope this helps, please let me know.

Thanks!