This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Bug Report 1Password Web Browser Interface .... Bug?

JoelMarcey
JoelMarcey Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I am using Safari or Firefox on Windows to access my 1Password keychain. I have noticed something that I would consider a bug. Let me know if I m wrong.

If I have a password that has certain characters in it, when I reveal the password in the browser, it only shows the password up to that character. For example, I know one character is the '<' (less than) symbol.

So, if my password is:

ABCDEFG<HIJKLMNO

The browser will only show:

ABCDEFG

So, I end up having to go to my iPhone to retrieve the rest of the password and enter it by hand.

Now, I imagine this had to do with < being part of an HTML or XML tag and thus might be treated differently in the browser, but I wanted to see if this was a known bug or not.

Thanks.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. I just tried to reproduce this problem using Firefox 3.6.7 on Windows 7 and was not successful. 1PasswordAnywhere displayed passwords containing < and <> without any problem.

Is anyone else seeing the same behaviour?
  • JoelMarcey
    JoelMarcey Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='justG']I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. I just tried to reproduce this problem using Firefox 3.6.7 on Windows 7 and was not successful. 1PasswordAnywhere displayed passwords containing < and <> without any problem.

Is anyone else seeing the same behaviour?[/QUOTE]

I used Firefox 3.6.6 on Windows 7 and Safari 5.0 (7533.16). I am looking at the issue as I type this, so I am not out of my mind (at least on this issue).

It might be important to note that the passwords I am having trouble with are at least 20 characters in length. Not sure if that makes a difference.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the additional information, Joel. I'll give it another go with a longer password and see what happens.