This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Chrome extension red exclamation mark

Hi,

following problem: Everytime I open a Chrome Window on my Windows 7 PC the chrome extension of 1Password shows a red exclamation mark and does not update the Password changes properly. I have tried all the tipps in the Troubleshooting Guide for this but nothing helped. I have re-installed the extension and it did not help either. What is causing the problem and what can I do to make it work again?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi guys,

Can you reinstall the Chrome extension like this and see if it'll help:

1) Open Chrome, right click on the 1Password icon to remove it from Chrome

2) Close Chrome, open the main 1Password app, unlock, press the Preferences button, and go to the Browsers section to press the "Install Chrome extension" button

3) Follow the instructions that just opened up in Chrome.

4) Restart Chrome

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks!
  • Hello MikeT

I'm also suffering this issue and while I've followed your instructions, they didn't work.

I'm using right now both Chrome dev channel and 1Password beta, but it fails to connect to the agent (the red mark is always there)

The curious thing is that same version of Chrome on OSX with same version of 1Password works without issue.

For reference:

Chrome: Version 24.0.1297.0 dev-m

1Password: 1.0.9.BETA-302

Chrome extension: 1Password Beta version 3.9.10.1

The AV software I'm using is Microsoft Security Essentials, which do not have any proxy or option to block/enable ports between applications.

Is there anything else I can do to provide debug information for you?

Thank you.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Luis,

We've already fixed this, please update 1Password once again to .303 beta and it should work properly with Chrome 24.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.