This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password unable to detect login

Hi All,

I am trying to save a login to www.paychexonline.com using 32-bit IE9 on 64-bit Windows 7.

First 1Password does not seem to detect me logging in.

Then when I go to 1Password it gives me the message that it cannot detect any login information on the current page.

I think it might be due to what appears to be a javascript login format used by paychexonline?

Is there any way to manually save and retrieve the login information with 1Password?

Thanks,

-Dennis

P.S. 1Password works on every other site as far as I've seen.

I am using version 1.0.9.BETA-298 of 1Password.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited August 2012
    Welcome to the forums, djkoble! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Unfortunately that site is Flash-based. 1Password is unable to save and restore logins for sites that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager anywhere supports Flash-based sites because it is a proprietary solution and does not interface with the browser much at all.

After working with a Flash consultant and reviewing the latest APIs provided by Adobe we found it is still not possible unless websites modify their code to allow it.

Most websites realize the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you cannot find one, the only workaround is to save the username and password in 1Password and copy and paste it whenever you need to log into the site.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!
  • Thank you for the explanation. I thought it was probably something like that. I'll look and see if they have an HTML login page.

Thanks,

-Dennis
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Cheers! Let me know if you find one.