This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Login for vSphere Web Client

pauLee
pauLee Junior Member
With vSphere 5.1 VMware stops developing the native vSphere Client, so we need to go into the browser and start using the vSphere Web Client ... but 1PW can not handle the login page.

Is there a way to do this? I don´t want to submit my credentials manually and I can´t use the Windows session authentication because for vSphere I´am using other credentials. So I need 1PW!!

[b]Please help![/b]

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Paul,

Is there a way we can access the form to see what it looks like? We don't have anybody here what uses vSphere.

Did you save the Login detail manually? Meaning:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select "Save Login"

3. Change the title if desired and save it

If it doesn't work, try using the auto-type feature as described here: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/auto-type.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • pauLee
    pauLee Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Hello Mike,

I can´t give you access to that form. I´am wondering If you don´t use virtualisation with VMware.

The first method doen´t worrk for me. I can´t save the login.

The second method did not work too. Autotype tried to submit login and password in the same form.

This are the requirements for the Web Client:

[i]The following browsers are supported for the vSphere Web Client:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and 8

Mozilla Firefox 3.6

The vSphere Web Client requires the Adobe Flash Player version 10.1.0 or later to be installed with the appropriate plug-in for your browser.[/i]
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited September 2012
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][quote][i]The vSphere Web Client requires the Adobe Flash Player version 10.1.0 or later to be installed with the appropriate plug-in for your browser.[/i] [/quote][/font][/color]

Is the [b][i]login form[/i][/b] Flash-based? If so 1Password will not be able to work with it.

[color=#333333]1Password is unable to save and restore Logins for sites that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager anywhere supports Flash-based sites because Flash is a proprietary solution. At this time, Adobe does not offer interface tools for developers to plug into Flash in the way that 1Password and other form fillers require.[/color]

[color=#333333]After working with a Flash consultant and reviewing the latest APIs provided by Adobe we found it is still not possible unless websites modify their code to allow it.[/color]

[color=#333333]Most websites realize the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you cannot find one, the only workaround is to save the username and password in 1Password, and copy and paste your password.[/color]

If you provide the URL, we can better assist you. Without credentials on the site, no one can access the site with just the URL. If you'd prefer to send it in a private message you can do that. Otherwise it may be difficult for us to help since we don't have an account there or with an vSphere site and can't see the page or its code.