This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Question Privileges

bmalkow
bmalkow Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Android
Why 1Passwords needs

[LIST]

[*][B]android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED[/B] (Allows an application to call any phone number, including emergency numbers, without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call being placed.)

[*][B]android.permission.CALL_PHONE[/B] (Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call being placed.)

[/LIST]

it may call to support?

And why it needs

[LIST]

[*][B]android.permission.INTERNET[/B] (Allows applications to open network sockets.)

[*][B]android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE[/B] (Allows modification of the telephony state - power on, mmi, etc.)

[/LIST]

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi bmalkow,

I am glad you raised this question !

Call privilidges are required because clicking on the attibute type of phone

(you may see a little green "phone" icon) the phone screen should automatically appear and enable you to make a call.

(very similar to the contacts application).

As for the Internet permission, Dropbox integration definitely requires this (it is not available in 1.4 beta but is coming soon).

Please let me know if I addressed all your concerns,

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer