This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Cannot open 1PasswordAnywhere in Firefox 15

Florian Peschka
edited September 2012 in Mac
When trying to access 1PasswordAnywhere on my Windows 7 machine with Firefox 15, the following error occurs:

[quote]Die Zeichenkodierung des HTML-Dokuments wurde nicht deklariert. Das Dokument wird in manchen Browser-Konfigurationen mit verstümmeltem Text dargestellt, wenn das Dokument Zeichen außerhalb des US-ASCII-Bereichs enthält. Die Zeichenkodierung der Seite muss im Dokument oder Transferprotokoll deklariert werden.

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalFileRead");[/quote]

Which loosely translates to

[quote]The encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document may be displayed with false characters in some browser, if the document contains characters outside the US-ASCII encoding range. The encoding has to be declared in the document or by the transferring protocol.[/quote]

How can I fix this?

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, Florian! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I don't believe I am familiar with the error message you describe. Just for kicks could you post a screenshot of Firefox when it displays the error? I'm wondering if there is some context which may help.

Just to make sure there are no other issues getting in the way, are you trying to open 1PasswordAnywhere from a local file or from the Dropbox.com website?

Try deleting the 1Password.html file from inside 1Password.agilekeychain and then [b]File > Repair 1Password Data[/b] to regenerate the 1Password.html file. Make sure you let it sync and then try it via the Dropbox.com website again.

Please let me know how it goes.