This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Firefox add-on "Syncing" for 15 seconds on missed password

If I miss-type my password in the Firefox add-on (i.e., in the 1password lock screen once it is activated) it says "Syncing" and will count to 15 sometimes before allowing me to retry. After it does that once it doesn't take 15 seconds if I miss it again, but it does this quite often (since I mis-type my password often).[list]

[*]This behavior has been consistent since the vault appearance of the Firefox add-on was implemented

[*]I have performed regular updates of the program as they have been released

[*]I haven't found any obvious options to help with this delay or behavior

[*]I am running Win7 x64 with the latest version of Firefox

[/list]

Any way to change this or workaround the 15 second lockout would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure exactly what is being synced or why it takes so long... there may already be an option to fix this that I'm not understanding.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited October 2012
    This sounds like a bug that was fixed a while ago, and I can't recreate it in the current version of 1Password. What versions of (1) 1Password, (2) Firefox, and (3) 1Password Firefox extension are you using?

It would probably be easiest to just email us a Diagnostics Report so we can track down the issue more quickly. Select [b]Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File[/b] from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: [b]support AT agilebits DOT com[/b]

Once we see your report we should be able to help more. Thanks in advance!