This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Import Directly to Software Category?

Me and my colleges have switched over from other programs to this one, but I have over 1,000 software keys and registrations (business related) that I wish to sync in. The only option I see it to sync them in as a "Login", this is fine, as long as I can convert to the Software category but I see no option for the either. Importing from a text comma file.

1. How can I import directly to the Software Category.

2. If not 1, how can I transfer hundreds of "Logins" to the Software Category?

3. It neither 1 or 2, how can I create a specific conversion in Excel to save the text file to a 1Password InterChange format?

4. Other ideas?

Thank you.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited October 2012
    Welcome to the forums, jvk76! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

1. Unfortunately, only Login items can be imported at this time.

2. Since the data is not the same for each item type, it is not possible to "change" from one to another. (Think of it like trying to move a Movie to the Apps section in iTunes. The data is different. It is not a simple change without some kind of data conversion and some information would be lost. For example, where would the "password" field from a Login item be mapped to in a Software item? It's certainly not impossible, but it would be a much more substantial change to 1Password than adding full import capabilities.)

3. I'm not sure this would be possible. It certainly wouldn't be simple.

4. If you have access to a Mac, 1Password for mac can import items as Software Licenses.

So if you could create a CSV file from your information with columns in this order:

Column 1: Product Name

Column 2: Version

Column 3: Registration code

Column 4: Registration name

Column 5: Registered email

Column 6: Registered Company

Column 7: Publisher Name

Column 8: Publisher Website

Column 9: Support email

Column 10: Order Date

Column 11: Price

Column 12: Tax

Column 13: Order number

Column 14: Notes

You can leave the content in some of these columns blank, but if you create a CSV with this layout you should be able to use the "Licensekeeper" importer on your data in [b]1Password for Mac[/b].

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of this, but if you are comfortable working in spreadsheets, this should be easier than manually entering the license information.

I will definitely pass your vote for improvements in 1Password for Windows' import abilities along to the developers. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'd be happy to try to address them.