This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Fill & Submit login and current *full* domain or URL

I have a lot of internal sites that I need to use frequently but the more I use 1Password, the more I'm getting annoyed by it's current behaviour: is there a way to show [b]only[/b] or at least at the very [b]top[/b] of the list, the most appropriated login for [b]this exact site[/b]?

Example:

I have a login for x.b.c, another for y.b.c, and for z.b.c (made up ofc!)

When I login to z.b.c I get a list of logins for all 3. This wasn't that bad when I had fewer than 11 such sites as it would fit on screen, but as it is, it's often showing me 1st the ones I [b]don't[/b] want nor need! Even though I entered a login for the [b]exact same url[/b] that I'm now returning too!

Sure, sometimes I can just choose one of the other ones as it will use the same credentials; however, that is not the case for all our systems and sometimes I end up choosing the wrong ones.

I'd rather have it show [b]the[/b] login I saved for that [b]exact [/b]same URL before all others, rather than showing them all together...

I hope I've explained correctly what the problem is, but feel free to ask for more info if needed. I've searched a bit but couldn't find a related topic.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, Fernando! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

This is a very complex issue. It seems simple on the surface, but for every situation which makes sense to one user there is another which contradicts what another user expects.

If you only have one login for each subdomain you should be able to take advantage of what we call "single-stroke login." If you use the [b]CTRL+\[/b] keyboard shortcut to log in, the lone Login for the current subdomain will be filled (and optionally submitted presuming you have autosubmit enabled).

If you have more than Login for a given [i][b]subdomain[/b][/i] 1Password will necessarily need to ask you which one you want to use. Since many sites use the same credentials across subdomains — Google is probably the most popular example of this — and there is no way for 1Password to know if the site you are viewing is one of those such sites it offers you all your Logins for the [i][b]domain[/b][/i].

There are no easy solutions that will not make life more difficult for a different subset of 1Password users. i.e. "Where did my Login go? I had three listed and now I only have one." "Why are my Logins not in alphabetical order?" etc. etc.

I hope the single-stroke login helps in your case. We are certainly looking at ways to improve this and appreciate your feedback!