This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Question 1password sync from mac to ipad takes a longtime; hung? [RESOLVED]

DavidMB
DavidMB Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I am syncing my new ipad from my 1password on my macbook, for the first time. I have Mac OS X 10.5.8, and 1PSW 2.12.1 build 7671. I have about 42 records in the Macbook 1PSW database. I start the sync with my mac over wifi select my ipad from the wifi connections in 1PSW on the mac, hit 'Sync' and then I enter the secret codes.

I then get the spinning wheel both at the 'syncing with ipad' screen on the mac, and also at the top of my ipad.

This has been going on for 30 minutes....how long should it take to move 42 records across?

I've looked in the forums, and read up on the references and guides.

1. should it take this long?

2. is there a better indication of progress than the spinning wheel thing?

Comments

• macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Hi DavidMB, welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry you're having trouble with syncing. You'll need to tell 1P to create a new database rather than "sync existing" when you first start since you're using 1P 2.12.1. Syncing the existing database requires 1P 3.1 at a minimum (as noted in our [URL="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_iPad/ipad_guide.html"]iPad User Guide[/URL]). Try quitting 1Password on both sides of the sync (on both your Mac and your iPad), then restart it on your Mac first. I would power off your iPad to reset everything. Sometimes this gets communications going again if things get messed up.

You asked about how long it should take to sync those records...it's really, really fast. A matter of seconds, even for hundreds of records. Definitely not half an hour like what you're describing.

We have an iPad User Guide that I linked to above that might help you as well, although we're always happy to help, too. Let us know if you need anything else. Cheers!
  • DavidMB
    DavidMB Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thankyou for your quick repsonse! Quite amazing level of support.

Your suggestion worked. This is what I did:

1. I shut down 1PW on my mac and on my Ipad. Then starterd 1pw on my mac.

2. Then started 1Pw on my ipad.

3. I Chose 'new database' on the Ipad. It then created a new (empty ) databse on the Ipad.

4. Then on the Ipad, I went to Settings>Sync>Wifi Sync and switched it to 'On'

Ipad gave me the 2 secrect authroization codes.

5. On my Mac i then went to 1pw Sync>Sync using Wifi.

6. The Wifi Sync dialog box came up with my Ipad listed.

7. I clicked 'Sync' (on the first couple of times, Sync button didn't do anything, so I just did step 5 again).

8. 1pw on mac then asked me for the 2 secrect authroization codes from my Ipad

9. after entering them, the sync started. I took about 5 seconds to sync my mac wiht the ipad

10. Ipad and mac now synced.

Magic!!
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for taking the time to update this thread. Glad all's well now!