This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Browser add ons are impossible to find

Every time i get a new computer or have some kind of problem and need to reinstall i spend at least 20 minutes looking for the browser add ons. it is incredibly frustrating. they are hidden under "preferences" in the application. this is not a preference!!!!!! it's a download!!!!

the most frustrating part is that when I finally find it, it takes me to a page on your website. well that's the first place i started looking, the website, not the application, because I knew I needed to download them from somewhere. but they aren't listed in the download or the support section of your website!!!!!

this is a great app and I hope you will consider making the browser add ons easier to find on your website, since they are also not present (or at least don't come up in search) from the firefox or chrome add on directories.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for the feedback, whitenk. The extensions require the 1Password application, so they are [i]intentionally[/i] not available publicly online. We would have a huge mountain of support requests that would be very hard to troubleshoot since at this time the extensions are only available from within the 1Password application itself. This means the user has 1Password installed (or had it installed at one time) in order to install the extension(s). If we made them available directly online then people would be installing them without the main application and wondering why nothing was working. This is for our benefit as well as the benefit of folks who would be confused and frustrated that the extension wasn't working because they installed it without having the 1Password application installed.

The Browsers tab of 1Password's preferences is specifically mentioned in the User Guide (along with a screenshot) under the "Setting Up Browser Extensions" section:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/getting-started.html

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!