This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1password ipad mini - crashes when it says "New Database is being created"

When I try to run 1password on my new ipad mini it starts to load up, I put in passcode and it says "Creating New Database" but then it crashes. Each time I try to do that the same thing happens.

Please advise how I can get it working asap.

Thank You!

Michael

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Michael! I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. We'll get things resolved for you.

First, please try restarting your device by holding down both the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't work, try completely removing the app from your device:[list=1]

[*]Touch and hold any app icon on the Home screen until the icons start to jiggle.

[*]Tap the "x" in the corner of 1Password's icon.

[*]Tap Delete to remove the app and all of its data from your iPhone.

[*]Click the Home button to cancel or stop deleting apps.

[/list]

Then, open the App Store and locate 1Password in your "Purchased" apps to reinstall it.

Please let me know how it goes.
  • Hi Khad thanks for your reply. Restarting the device didn't work.

I am nervous to delete iPassword because then it will be deleted from my iPhone and I don't want my iPhone 1Password to not work because of the problem with my Ipad.

How will this effect my iphone?

Thanks,

Michael
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited November 2012
    Hi Michael,

I apologize for the "typos", Khad actually meant to do this for your iPad Mini only, your iPhone should not be involved here.

You should be backing up your 1Password data periodically if you're not syncing it with other devices and plus it's an excellent fallback if anything happens to your devices. Deleting 1Password app from one device does not affect the data on the other device. In fact, you'd be able to sync it back from the iPhone to your Mini after reinstalling the app on the Mini.

However, we do recommend to back up your 1Password data before doing anything. Please follow the instructions here:

[url="http://support.agilebits.com/kb/1password-for-iphone-ipod-touch-ipad/how-to-back-up-your-1password-data-on-the-ios-devices-before-upgrading-your-ios"]http://support.agile...rading-your-ios[/url]

After backing up the data on the iPhone, go ahead and reinstall the 1Password app on your iPad Mini only.

Hopefully, that'll help. Please let us know.

Thanks!
  • Thanks Mike. That worked perfectly!

Regards,

Michael
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Michael,

On behalf of Khad, you're welcome!

If we could be of further assistance, please do let us know. In the meantime, enjoy 1Password on your mini!
  • Smudge
    Smudge Junior Member
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1353033160' post='63137']

First, please try restarting your device by holding down both the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

[/quote]

Just a minor pet peeve here when support asks a user to do an unnecessary hard reboot but I would suggest that you don't hard reset the device (by holding both buttons down) unless it has locked up and is not responding. This is the same as pulling out the power cord on a running desktop computer. Doing this doesn't allow any background apps to properly quit and save their data possibly leading to corrupted data. This is a rare situation but it can happen and then you would have yet another issue to fix if one of the apps has corrupted data.

You can simply restart the device by holding down the top power button for a few seconds. You will get a slider at the top to "slide to power off". This is a safer way to shut down as it gives the apps a chance to quit properly. This is the same as choosing  > Shut Down on your Mac.

Once it has powered down, you can simply press the power button again to turn it back on.