This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Bug Report 1password and Safari 5 not working well together

stewart01
stewart01 Junior Member
edited July 2010 in Mac
Hi

I've had this problem for a while - with both Safari 4 and 5.

I'm using the latest 1password 3. Very regularly 1password will be removed from Safari automatically meaning I have to go back into 1password preferences and add 1Password back into Safari, which gets very tedious - mostly on a daily basis.

Also, when 1password is installed Safari can then take up to 5 minutes to become active - it will sit there seemly hung.

In 1password I've tried:

* rebuilding data file

* clearing cache

None of which solves the issue.

I do not have any Safari addons such as Glims etc.

Firefox, meanwhile works fine.

Thanks in advance for help.

Stewart

Comments

• dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums Stewart, and thank you for reporting these issues.

At first glance I am not sure what the cause of these issues could be but I suspect your Diagnostics Report could shed some light on them. Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at [email]support@agile.ws[/email] using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='stewart01']Hi

I've had this problem for a while - with both Safari 4 and 5.

I'm using the latest 1password 3. Very regularly 1password will be removed from Safari automatically meaning I have to go back into 1password preferences and add 1Password back into Safari, which gets very tedious - mostly on a daily basis.

Also, when 1password is installed Safari can then take up to 5 minutes to become active - it will sit there seemly hung.

In 1password I've tried:

* rebuilding data file

* clearing cache

None of which solves the issue.

I do not have any Safari addons such as Glims etc.

Firefox, meanwhile works fine.

Thanks in advance for help.

Stewart[/QUOTE]

Could you run the Reset Folder Permissions option:

1. Quit Safari

2. Run 1Password

3. Click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions

4. For good measure, restart your Mac.

5. Run Safari

Please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!