This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Account Name issue

I changed my DropBox login - that was a bit of work since I have the TwoFactor security system. The old login was firstname.lastname@myemail -- The new DropBox Login is firstname@myemail -- DropBox syncing with 1PW works as normal. DropBox changes made on my iMac sync through to my iPad.

But here is a potential problem. When I fire up my iPad, click on 1PW, enter my MasterPassword and drill down Settings; Sync the Account name (which is grayed out) is Firstname.Lastname@myemail I am reluctant to mess with it and the only way I see to do anything is "Reset"

I have checked and I cannot get into Dropbox with first name.lastname@myemail

So I guess my questions are these:

#1 Do I need worry about this?

#2 Is it stable? i.e. is there any chance the syncing is working because of some software glitch or hole and suddenly if something is fixed/change in DropBox or 1Password I will find myself with problems.

Happy to send data or perform testing to help.

Gordon

Atlanta, GA

USA

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited December 2012
    Dropbox is still syncing because you have previously authorized it. However, if you have changed your Dropbox email address or password, resetting Dropbox syncing is prudent.

[size=4][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Open the 1Password app on your iOS device(s) and then tap:[/font][/color][/size]

[indent=1][size=4][b]Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset[/b][/size][/indent]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][i]NOTE: Resetting Dropbox syncing will not affect your data at all. It merely reinitiates the sync process.[/i][/font][/color]