This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Question Dropbox and multiple-device setup

agilefan1587
agilefan1587 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I'm excited that 1Password for iPhone now supports Dropbox syncing. Before trying to use it, I have a few questions. For context, I currently use 1Password on my Mac and iPhone. I have the latest version of both. I already save my keychain using Dropbox, but it may not be in the exact location it needs to be for syncing.

1) Is there a specific top-level Dropbox folder name or path that the keychain must be in for the iPhone app to find it?

2) Do I need to turn off wi-fi syncing on my iPhone?

3) Do I need to do anything to avoid ending up with duplicate entries or losing entries after the 1st dropbox sync?

4) I also have an iPod Touch. Can I have all of my devices sync to the same Dropbox keychain?

Randy

Comments

• dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited July 2010
    Welcome to the forums Randy!

[quote name='agilefan1587']I'm excited that 1Password for iPhone now supports Dropbox syncing.[/quote]

Me too! :)

[quote name='agilefan1587']Before trying to use it, I have a few questions. [/quote]

I tried to answer these types of questions in the [url]Dropbox Syncing Announcement[/url] but I think I better add a few of your questions below to it as well. Please do note the Known Issues; if you fall into one of those categories you may want to wait until the next update after we've had time to fix them.

[quote name='agilefan1587']

1) Is there a specific top-level Dropbox folder name or path that the keychain must be in for the iPhone app to find it?[/quote]

No. All you need to do is start the latest version of 1Password on your Desktop and it will write out a "pointer" file to tell the iOS devices where to find the data file.

2) Do I need to turn off wi-fi syncing on my iPhone?[/quote]

Yes, but 1Password will automatically disable that for you when you enable Dropbox syncing.

3) Do I need to do anything to avoid ending up with duplicate entries or losing entries after the 1st dropbox sync?[/quote]

You shouldn't need to do anything.

However, we currently have a problem that affects users outside North America. We are working to get it resolved as soon as possible.

4) I also have an iPod Touch. Can I have all of my devices sync to the same Dropbox keychain?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!! Add as many devices as you want :)

Thanks for the questions; I'll update the announcement thread accordingly.