This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

What to Buy & Where

I use 1PW 3.9.6 on my Mac and have 1PW Pro 3.7.2 on my iPad and iPhone. My wife uses Windows and has the current version there, plus the Pro Version on her iPhone and iPad.

I read about 1PW version 4.0.2, opened iTunes, clicked check for upgrades nothing showed up. I searched Agile in the iTunes Store and found one version @ $7.99 for the iPhone and another at $7.99 for the iPad. In reading a forum thread I saw mention of iPW Pro which I understood was a version for both the iPhone and the iPad.

I search in the MAS under Agile and only found the 3.x version I have installed.

Can you tell me if there is a version 4.X system like the version 3.x system that has worked so well for us?

Can you tell me where to get the version 4.x, assuming it exists?

Can you tell me how to upgrade? Uninstall first, just install over existing version???

Comments

• jhollington
    jhollington Junior Member
    1Password 4 for iOS is a paid upgrade. Because the App Store doesn't allow developers to sell upgrades, it's been released as a new app at an introductory price for everybody.

It is also a universal app -- the 1Password 4 you're seeing listed separately under the iPhone and iPad sections of the App Store are the same app, simply listed in two different places. The + icon beside each indicates it's a universal app.

1Password 4 for Mac and Windows are not out yet. 3.9 is the latest Mac version, available from the Mac App Store, and can still be used to sync with 1Password 4 via Dropbox; Wi-Fi sync has been removed in 1Password 4.

Since 1Password 4 is a separate app, when you buy it, it will install alongside the previous version. You will be able to migrate data from the previous version, or sync it via Dropbox during the initial setup. Your 1Password 3.x data won't be affected and you can even keep and use both apps if you like.