This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: Handling of One-Time-Password Lists

jhollington
jhollington Junior Member
I've been thinking about this for a couple of years now, but haven't really gotten around to posting about it until now...

It would be really useful (for me at least) if 1Password had a way of automatically managing one-time-password lists directly within the app, such that the user could enter a list of generated passwords from what may otherwise be a printed sheet and 1Password would provide a way to automatically discard each one as it is used, bringing the next one to the top.

Currently, I simply paste these into a secure note, but this requires me to manually go into "Edit" mode and cut-and-paste the passwords from there. Worse yet, if I forget to CUT and paste (choosing copy instead), or delete the used password afterward, I end up forgetting and trying to use it again.

I would envision having a custom item type in 1Password where the user would simply enter a list of passwords and there would be some method of checking them off after they were used (or even simply discarding them automatically as soon as they're copied to the clipboard).

Admittedly, this may be kind of a niche feature, but thought I would throw it out there as a thought.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.