This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1password occassionally blank

sometimes when i open the 1password app on the my desktop it contains nothing - all my information, passwords absoltuely everything have dissapeared. I have to quit it and then open it again for the all the information to display again.. any ideas why?

Comments

• Chris100
    Chris100
    edited January 2013
    This happened to me once.

Interestingly, I have item counts turned on. When I opened it to find nothing, my folders and tags all still showed the correct item counts. Quitting and re-opening 1PW did not help, nor did clear cache. (But I am using the MAS version, not the Website version you are using.) I had to restart the Mac.

I have not been able to reproduce this error, and hence had not previously posted about it.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    massive323,

I would suggest clearing the cache ([b]Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache[/b]) and restarting your Mac as Chris mentioned.

If you have continued trouble, please let me know.
  • hi, like i mentioned the problem resolves itself if i quit 1password itself and reopen. I have cleared the cache for other reasons yet the problem still sporadically occours... ideas?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select [b]Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report[/b] from the menu bar.

I know you posted in the 3.8 forum, but if you happen to be using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to follow the instructions here:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/troubleshooting/create-a-diagnostics-report-to-help-agilebits-help-you

Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

[color="#FF0000"]Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.[/color]

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!