This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Bug Report: Custom Date Format with Software Record

solus
edited August 2010 in Mac
First of all, I just want to say how awesome this software is. Integration with Dropbox syncing and other features place it far ahead of the competition. Keep up the great work!

-----

I just installed Snow Leopard, and was reinstalling my apps when I noticed a bug in 1Password 3.

When entering software license information, I noticed that the date field and calendar were behaving strangely. As seen in the following image, the year is 0010 and while I have the 22 selected, the date above reads "0010/06/06". In fact, whenever I clicked on any date in the calendar, it would always read "0010/06/06". If I changed the month to July, it would read "0010/07/07". Also note that the numbering starts with 3, runs to 30, and then starts over with 1 and 2.

[attachment=143:PastedGraphic-1.png]

Earlier, I configured my system with custom date and time formats in [b]System Preferences[/b] -> [b]Language & Text[/b] -> [b]Formats[/b].

[attachment=144:PastedGraphic-2.png] [attachment=145:PastedGraphic-3.png]

After resetting the date and time formatting to the standard "United States" format, the issue went away in 1Password.

[attachment=147:PastedGraphic-5.png] [attachment=146:PastedGraphic-4.png]

For now, I will stick with the standard date and time formatting, but I would like to customize it in the future. Please let me know if there is any additional information you need to reproduce this issue.

I did attempt to reproduce it myself, and it didn't always work. Sometimes the date field was wrong, other times it wasn't. You can use additional custom formatting options in [b]Language & Text[/b], and some of those show up in the 1Password date field (AD shows up as " D" and the Quarter shows up as "Q").

Comments

• Using YYYY/MM/DD in [b]System Preferences[/b] and the date field in [i]1Password[/i] to manually set the date via keyboard, set the date to a year earlier than 101, and then open the calendar by clicking the icon at the right. You should get the calendar numbering to run 3-31 followed by 1-2, as seen in the screenshot in the forum thread. Years 101 to 201 will have numbering 2-31 followed by 1.

I was using month 01 and day 01 for testing this behavior. If you specify month 02, the numbers will run to 30 before resetting. With month 03, it goes to 28 or 29 (leap year).

The above is definitely reproducible for me, so perhaps that is something you can take a look at.

I have been unable to reproduce the other issues mentioned earlier.

For the most part, the date works fine as long as you don't type the values manually. When enabling the field, the date defaults to the current date. If you then use the calendar to pick a date, I don't expect any strangeness to appear.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2010
    Hi solus, welcome to the forums!

I could not reproduce this with the date picker, but I could reproduce this by manually typing 20, which gets converted to 0020 as the computer tries to fill it in to YYYY instead of YY.

Did you try to type 11 and it filled in 0011?

This doesn't appear to have anything to do with the custom fields or 1PW but the limitation with the OS that can't go back that far (for 32bit OS, it can only go back as far as 1969-1970 to 2038).

I'll flag this as an issue and see if we can prevent users from going less than year 1970 and not pad it with 00.
  • That makes perfect sense. The [b]Date & Time[/b] section of [b]System Preferences[/b] won't allow you to enter a date earlier than January 01, 1969.

The problem always appeared after typing an early year manually into the text field, and then opening the date picker. If 1Password prevents users from entering low year values, that will probably take care of it.

Thanks!