This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Forum Request: Tapatalk Support

khad
khad Social Choreographer
edited January 2013 in Lounge
This discussion was split from another thread.

Comments

• will it be working in Tapatalk again?

• khad

We'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestion, @zazan! For now, hopefully the mobile version will do the trick. :)

• +1 for Tapatalk support ;)! We're looking forward to that!

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman Junior Member
    edited January 2013

please make this new forum Tapatalk compatible ! http://tapatalk.com/

btw missing an URL avatar too :)

• Hey guys, please get tapatalk support up and running. Here's the plug in you need

http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=van

• khad

Thanks for the votes, everyone. It's on our list. :)

• PS: The OLD forum is still listed in Tapatalk. At a minimum, you'll want to de-list it!

• khad

Thanks for the heads up, Chris!

• Another vote for Tapatalk support :)

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman Junior Member

any status on this as nothing had changed. OLD forum still only visible !

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited February 2013

No progress yet, we've been busy with Macworld and improving the current forums before we move to Tapatalk. I'll check to see if we can speed it up a bit.

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi guys,

We're going to deactivate the old forums and tapatalk along with it. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use tapatalk with the hosted instance of Vanilla forum we're using.

Can you guys let us know what you'd like to have from the tapatalk that's not in our forum here, so that we can pass it on to them and see if they can implement their own version.

Thanks!

• I don't really think you can "add something" to your forum that would satisfy the need for tapatalk. Most users here, the acrtive ones, are active in many forums. We manage those forums from our tapatalk apps from our mobile devices. I can tell you now, personally, I have tried using forums independtly before that were not available on tapatalk and i never stayed active.

Without tapatalk suppoer you are going to have a much less active community. This change in forums seems to be a terrible move if it means not tapatalk support.

Have you guys looked at adding this plugin to your forum? http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=van

There is support for vanilla forums on tapatalk.

• khad

Thanks for letting us know that it is mostly just an aggregation issue rather than a specific feature (or features).

You are correct, the link you just posted again is the same Tapatalk plugin for Vanilla forums that you linked to above and the one to which we are referring. It is the one Mike was referencing when we wrote:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use tapatalk with the hosted instance of Vanilla forum we're using.

We do sincerely hope that doesn't diminish your participation here, but we understand if it does. We'll keep an eye on this, but right now it simply is not possible to implement. :-/

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime. If there are any improvements we can make to the mobile interface, we'd appreciate knowing about them.

Thanks so much!

• I visit the forums 95% less than I did with Tapatalk.

Reasons:

1. Miss 'Topics' feature, where all unread items from all threads could be seen, so a quick look could be taken at what's interesting and what's less.
    2. Lack of quick navigation inside the forums and threads
    3. As I use Safari in Private mode, I have to sign in every time
    4. Even putting shortcut on the home screen didn't help visiting the forums as frequent as I did with Tapatalk.

Usability downgraded very much. For me, at least.

It's a pity because discussions are very interesting.

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Thanks guys, we'll pass them on to Vanilla forums and let them know that it is important to have the Tapatalk support.

• woodenbrain
    woodenbrain Junior Member

Agreed. Thanks.

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator

Nice to see you around woodenbrain ;)

I am still rocking OminGrowl.

• woodenbrain
    woodenbrain Junior Member

thightower, sweet. I'm planning an overhaul soonish; problem is it's just me on everything, no big team. :) neither me nor at least 4 other people in my extended family could get by without 1Password, including my 90+ yr old grandmother, who uses it on her iPad. mutual back patting complete!

• khad

That's awesome! We always love hearing about folks who make security a family affair. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.