This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Nonstandard forms (JavaScript, nameless fields, and reused field names)

<div class="IPBDescription">(was: PizzaHut.com)</div>PizzaHut.com doesn't use what I'd call a standard login form. Rather it's more of a div overlay. I can't seem to figure out how to make 1Password fill it out. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

TRaymond

Comments

• stephen-m
    stephen-m Junior Member
    I've encountered this problem, too. Huffingtonpost.com and abcfamilytv.com are two other websites whose logins are popup windows. Currently I copy user names and passwords from 1P and paste them into the appropriate login fields. Hopefully 1P will be able to handle these types of logins.
  • jtmitchum
    jtmitchum Junior Member
    I have the same issue with Pizzahut.com - I can't use the contextual menu to fill in a Bank identity for credit card payment either.... frustrating.

I do homework on a site called webassign.net - and it has an extra field asking for the University - 1 password won't play nice with that site -

And 1 password won't play nice with cramster.com either - keeps filling out the new registration portion rather than the login area. I know this is tricky stuff to code for - hopefully they'll be able to get around to them in turn...

JT
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Hey folks,

I'm sorry you are having problems with some sites. Unfortunately, there are some things that website programmers can do to make it impossible for 1Password to do its job. We are constantly striving for 100% success, but of the over 1 trillion sites on the Internet, there will undoubtedly be some that (often unknowingly) work against 1Password.

Some sites are using JavaScript to modify the page and prevent password managers from not only filling in the correct information but also submitting the form on your behalf. Usually, having the login initially hidden on a page (like [url="http://twitter.com/"]Twitter[/url]) will not pose a problem, but often there are other factors at play.

Some sites will not name their input fields, so 1Password cannot reference them and fill your login info. Others will reuse field names such as when there is both an e-mail address login field and also a newsletter sign-up field. Many sites will name both "email" in the code.

Please contact the website owners directly and ask them if they realize that they are using markup on their login form which makes life difficult for not only users of 1Password like your yourself but also may create accessibility issues for disabled users employing assistive technology. Many times, companies are not even aware of the problem and are happy to fix it. I encourage you to contact them and voice your opinion.

Additionally, some sites employ a JavaScript function that looks for a *literal* key press. If you change just one letter and change it back, a manual login should very well work. I do not have accounts on all the sites to verify this, but it works on many other sites employing a similar technique. One thing you might try in this case is editing the login in 1Password and changing Submit from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never." This will allow you to manually add and delete a character from the end of your password before submitting it.

The problem is not that the login is initially hidden (as seen by the example of Twitter which login works flawlessly), but rather some nonstandard JavaScript, nameless field names, and/or reused field names.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but I hope that clears up the issue a little bit. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.