This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Non-MAS Upgrade clarification

I noticed on the website in "Store" the following text appears:

"Free Upgrade

Purchase 1Password for Mac or Windows today and receive a FREE upgrade to version 4 when it becomes available."

This would seem to indicate both the MAS and Agile Store versions are eligible for the upgrade, but everything I've read from the forums leads me to believe only the MAS versions are eligible for the v4 upgrade.

Please clarify.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator

Nice find Henry.

Lets see what they tell us.

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi Henry,

All MAS purchases will get the 1Password v4 upgrade for free. New customers ordering 1Password 3 now from our website will get a free update to 1Password 4.

We decided that we'll be publishing both versions instead of going through with just MAS version.

• It's unfortunate that the Macworld sale ended while I was waiting for a reply to this thread. I was hoping to snag a copy of the Windows version. I guess I'll wait until the 1Password 4 release sale (which I hope is soon). =)

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi Henry,

Check your private message, I sent you something.

• I saw the same message ("Purchase 1Password for Mac or Windows today and receive a FREE upgrade to version 4 when it becomes available."), and while I already had 3.8.20 for OSX from the Agilebits site, I had previously purchased the Mac + Windows bundle. I put in my 1Password 3 Mac + Windows software key, and was offered a "$20 upgrade" option (even though I thought had the latest version). I went ahead and bought it, and got a new license key. This was today, Feb. 9, 2012.

Suffice it to say, I did this not fully understanding the Agilebits website/Mac App Store conflict, and when I saw the MAS had 3.9, I figured I'd get that version, not another copy of 3.8.20.

Does this more recent purchase qualify me for the aforementioned free upgrade to 1Password for Mac 4 via AgileBits (not Mac App Store)? Or did I make a pointless purchase and do I need to request a refund?

• I fear I may have answered my own question. I put in the new software key I just got today in the upgrade box on the Agilebits store, and it offered me another $20 upgrade. For a ten-minute-old purchase? How does this happen?

• All MAS purchases will get the 1Password v4 upgrade for free. New customers ordering 1Password 3 now from our website will get a free update to 1Password 4.

We decided that we'll be publishing both versions instead of going through with just MAS version.

That is fantastic news! I was hoping to hear this, and now I will absolutely be upgrading when 4.0 releases on the Agile Store.

Question: I have individually purchased licenses for 3.x Mac, and 1.x Windows. I assume when 4.x Mac releases, 2.x Windows will coincide if only to upgrade to the new keychain format. How would I go about doing a Mac + Windows license upgrade from the website, in that situation? When I put in my Mac or Windows license codes, it only gives me upgrade options for the Mac or Windows version, or what I assume is a Mac + Windows upgrade that assumes I don't have one or the other license already.

I would like, if it's possible, to convert my existing individual licenses into a Mac + Windows license, if only for the ease of future upgrades.

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi,

@hawaii, please check your PM. The store isn't that smart to tell if you're buying something that you don't need as it allows you to buy additional licenses.

@Jay_gunn, We're still working out the licenses but the ideal is that once either 1Password 4 for OS X or 1Password 4 for Windows is released, you'll be able to buy the bundle 1Password 4 upgrade license using any of your previous license keys from our webstore. So, there's no need to convert your license keys right now as you can buy it directly next time.