This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Firefox 4 beta 2 support?

<div class="IPBDescription">Will 1Password betas support FF4b2 or should I downgrade for now?</div>I'm loving 1Password, works great with my Safari 5.x and used to work great with Firefox 4 beta 1, but now with Version 3.3.0 (build 30700), Firefox 4 beta 2 support has stopped working (menu fails, context menu fails, no keyboard support invocation working)

I've tried re-installing browser extensions multiple times.

This is quite frustrating to me as I use Firefox a lot in my web development and testing (Firebug+extensions > Webkit Inspector), and 1password is completely integrated in my development and testing process as we have numerous test environments and user profiles with strong and varied passwords.

I could revert back to beta1, but it had other issues...

Just wondering if I should hold out for an update forthcoming, or revert to beta1 and just wait for a better supported RC or GA build of FF that 1password will support.

Please advise...

P.S:

keep up the great work.. I've recommended 1Password to all my mac-user friends/family and will recommend 1Password for Windows when it's out of beta

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='Raj' timestamp='1280943637' post='7764']

I'm loving 1Password, works great with my Safari 5.x and used to work great with Firefox 4 beta 1, but now with Version 3.3.0 (build 30700), Firefox 4 beta 2 support has stopped working (menu fails, context menu fails, no keyboard support invocation working)

I've tried re-installing browser extensions multiple times.

This is quite frustrating to me as I use Firefox a lot in my web development and testing (Firebug+extensions > Webkit Inspector), and 1password is completely integrated in my development and testing process as we have numerous test environments and user profiles with strong and varied passwords.

I could revert back to beta1, but it had other issues...

Just wondering if I should hold out for an update forthcoming, or revert to beta1 and just wait for a better supported RC or GA build of FF that 1password will support.

Please advise...

P.S:

keep up the great work.. I've recommended 1Password to all my mac-user friends/family and will recommend 1Password for Windows when it's out of beta

[/quote]

Hi Raj, welcome to the forums!

The latest Firefox 4 build that we officially support is Beta 1. Mozilla has changed something in the extension APIs between Beta 1 and Beta 2 and we need to investigate further to get our extension compatible with Beta 2 or later. Unfortunately that is going to take some time and we may decide to wait until the RC builds to ensure that they don't change the APIs again. I ask that you revert back to Beta 1 or Firefox 3.6.8 to get the best 1Password support for Firefox.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time.
  • no, unfortunately not yet............ use beta 1 it will work for it