This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Cross-Platform Software Licenses

As someone who primarily uses 1Password for Mac and iOS, I'm not sure how I should deal with cross-platform software licenses.

Right now, I only keep OS X software licenses in 1Password. I keep Palm, Windows, and other licenses in Evernote.

The main reason would be how 1Password deals with application icons. What is your solution for dealing with cross-platform software licenses?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi Henry,

1Password does support custom images in the 1Password for Mac app. You create an image of the app icon and drag it into the image icon for the Windows and/or other platform apps. I do a image search via google for the application, save the best looking one and drag it into the software item's image area. Here's what I did for Windows 8:

W8 Image

This may work actually better in the future with 1Password 4 for Mac/Windows, where we'll be taking advantage of the same technologies in the iOS app, where we host the application icons that are uploaded from the customers and 1Password 4 will download it automatically for everybody else if it matches the application's name.

• How do you suggest keeping track of the platform that the software is for?

Example: Photoshop for Windows vs Photoshop for Mac serial.

Would you suggest just using tags?

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer

I would just append "for Windows" to the version number so it looks like:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.