This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Got New Computer, using Dropbox, Passwords aren't in sync

Hi -

I got a new shiny iMac to replace my 2006 Mac Pro. I installed dropbox, re-downloaded 1Password from the store and hit the 'use dropbox' button.

My master password was accepeted except...something's off.

It's like it's an 'old copy' of my stuff. Like one of my upgrades over the few years I was on my old computer left some file somewhere and it found that.

My iPhone and iPad are OK, my old computer is OK, my windows computer is OK, but any new computer (tried a blank account on another computer) running the Mac version have this old password.

If I add anything new to the 'old' copy it only shows up on the other 'old' copy affected computers.

Any suggestions on what is up?

Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi @zareph,

It sounds like you have two different data files and 1Password on your Macs picked up the older data file.

To confirm this, please open the 1Password app on both Windows and Macs, go to its Preferences > _General_. Compare the locations to the 1Password.agilekeychain on both, do they match after the Dropbox folder?

Please let me know.