This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Option to MOVE TO DROPBOX is grayed out

Hi, all! I just installed a new version of 1Password 3.9.6 on my Mac. I want to sync with Dropbox. The option to MOVE TO DROPBOX in my 1Password preferences is grayed out. I was able to copy the 1password.agilekeychain file to Dropbox manually and I can sync to it with my iPhone.

As a workaround, I double click the file on Dropbox as instructed to set up a second Mac. 1Password launches and it actually uses it. The problem is, when I make a change on my Mac, it is NOT synced with Dropbox. If I make a change on the iPhone, it IS synced and I can then double click it once again to use it on the Mac. It only SORT OF works. Not the ideal solution. Any ideas on how I can fix the problem?

I am very tech savvy, so don't be afraid to throw in-depth solutions my way. =) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DelJohnston
    edited February 2013

BAH! If I had only done a LITTLE more digging first. My apologies!

I found the solution! My Dropbox folder on my Mac was inside of my USER/DOCUMENTS folder. By moving it to my USER/ folder instead, the option is now available. Thanks for looking anyhow.

Here is the link to the knowledgebase article explaining this very problem:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12017/why-doesnt-dropbox-syncing-work#latest

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi @DelJohnston,

I'm glad you got it working now. I've edited your last post to reflect a better link as we're moving away from the older support forums to this one.

Thanks for sharing it with folks here.

• Really sorry to have to post here, but I cannot move my Dropbox to my USER folder (which includes Desktop, Applications, Documents, Downloads, etc.). It says "Error moving Dropbox. Some files cannot be moved. Please select a new location, or close some files and try again." To the best of my knowledge, there are no files being used. Right now , Dropbox is located in the top level of the hard drive with Applications, Library, System, Users). Am I off base here?