This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Synching with Box.com

I've been using Box.com instead of Dropbox recently, and like it a lot more (not to mention it has 25 MB of free storage vs. 2 MB on Dropbox)...and it's mobile version seems better than Dropbox Mobile.

Is there any chance 1Password will every allow synching of "1Password.agilekeychain" via Box? I hate keeping Dropbox active for just one file. Or, if not, hopefully 1Password 4.0 for the desktop will allow iCloud synching, which would let me keep my keychain there and still remove Dropbox.

Comments

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ Senior Member

Please disregard this question. The answer is "We (Agile Bits) haven't ruled the possibility out but at the moment we have no specific plans to build box.net support."

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator

Larry

Sent you a message here on the forums

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi Larry,

1Password 4 for OS X at the Mac App Store will support iCloud sync, it'll be available as a free update for all Mac App Store customers. All 2013 purchases at our webstore will get a free update to 1Password 4 but no iCloud support since iCloud is restricted to the Apple's App Stores.

So, if you decide to upgrade to 1Password 4, be sure to do it at the Mac App Store rather than our web store.

You can use Box.net to sync your 1Password data if you're only syncing between computers but it won't work with iOS apps as it requires the sync APIs to be built into the 1Password app. At the moment, Box.net doesn't fit our requirements but they may in the future.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ Senior Member

Hi, Mike! Yeah, I had figured this out. Actually, synching through iCloud will be fine, as soon as 4.0 for Mac (MAS) releases. i currently have the latest Mac and iOS versions from the MAS & iTunes, so I'll switch to iCloud synching on all three as soon as 4.0 hits the MAS.

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

HI Larry,

Great. If you want, you can enable iCloud sync in your iOS app right now and when 1Password 4 is available as a free update in your Mac App Store app, it'll automatically use your iCloud data by default and you then can disable/remove Dropbox after that. :)

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ Senior Member

I can have both iCloud and Dropbox checked simultaneously with iOS? I didn't think about that. Thanks!

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi Larry,

Yep, we designed the sync subsystem to be flexible in 1Password 4, you can turn on all three if you want or any other combinations.