This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Req: Safari Support

Any chance you guys can add support for Safari for Windows into 1P for Window? Thanks!

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='jbellanca' timestamp='1281020983' post='7809']

Any chance you guys can add support for Safari for Windows into 1P for Window? Thanks!

[/quote]

Hi bellanca, welcome to the forums!

We are planning to support Safari and Chrome for 1Password for Windows, I don't have a time frame on when but our first priority is to finish 1Password for Windows and then add support for other browsers.
  • Thanks for the update. I had just installed the 1Password beta on a Windows 7 system using Safari for Windows and was wondering about this myself. The Mac version is awesome and I recommend it to those I support and anyone who asks for a super easy, affordable and secure app to manage their passwords. As a systems administrator, I don't know how I have ever managed to survive this long without 1Password! Great job for producing a quality application!

Regards.

[quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1281021625' post='7811']

Hi bellanca, welcome to the forums!

We are planning to support Safari and Chrome for 1Password for Windows, I don't have a time frame on when but our first priority is to finish 1Password for Windows and then add support for other browsers.

[/quote]
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to the forum, Gil, and thanks so much for taking time to post those kind remarks!

All of us in the forum are working together to make 1Password for Windows the best tool possible, so please keep posting your suggestions, observations, and any problems you run into.
  • bezanson
    bezanson Junior Member
    I'd also like to test 1Password on Windows for Safari and Google Chrome. I have used 1Password for the Mac since it came out and I've owned Macs. On the Windows side I was always stuck using Roboform. A nice product, but Windows only. Syncing is pretty much impossible, but needed. I recently switched to the free LastPass which is cross-platform in Firefox and Chrome -- hoping Safari was coming, but with 1Password for Windows I'm ready to drop Roboform and LastPass.

I really need Safari or Chrome on Windows because of their superior speed in JavaScript, especially with web-based tools like GMail. I would hope you'd have support for Chrome (and hopefully at the same time Safari) with the 1.0 release. Then you can have a strong message to convert Roboform and LastPass customers to 1Password. Ideally I could live in Chrome on Windows and Safari on Mac.

Keep up the great work.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the info, Brian, and for the kind comment!
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    I have released a BETA version of our Safari extension for Windows. It is included with 1.0.9.BETA-236. Please take a look here: [i]File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers[/i].