This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Question re logout

New user and I love 1Password...thank you! Can you please let me know, when I leave a site I have logged on to using 1Password, does 1PW properly log out or do I still have to manually log out? Thanks.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='mark&yvonne' timestamp='1281040829' post='7822']

New user and I love 1Password...thank you! Can you please let me know, when I leave a site I have logged on to using 1Password, does 1PW properly log out or do I still have to manually log out? Thanks.

[/quote]

Hi Mark and Yvoone, welcome to the forums!

1Password does have an auto-lock system in it. You can have it set to auto-lock based on time of inactivity, or either when the computer goes to sleep or the screensaver turns on. Of course, you can lock it any time you want by telling it to lock as well.

To set the auto-lock settings:

[list=1][*] Open 1Password, then 1Password Menu and select "Preferences"[*] Go to the Security tab[*] Set the Auto-lock settings to match your needs.[*] Please take a look at the Unlocking settings, you can have it not unlock 1Password every time you unlock using the extensions in the web browsers and/or you can have it not unlock the web extension every time you unlock 1Password using the 1Password app.[/list]

I hope that helps, please let me know.
  • dgerrity
    dgerrity Junior Member
    [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1281043521' post='7823']

Hi Mark and Yvoone, welcome to the forums!

1Password does have an auto-lock system in it. You can have it set to auto-lock based on time of inactivity, or either when the computer goes to sleep or the screensaver turns on. Of course, you can lock it any time you want by telling it to lock as well.

To set the auto-lock settings:

[list=1][*] Open 1Password, then 1Password Menu and select "Preferences"[*] Go to the Security tab[*] Set the Auto-lock settings to match your needs.[*] Please take a look at the Unlocking settings, you can have it not unlock 1Password every time you unlock using the extensions in the web browsers and/or you can have it not unlock the web extension every time you unlock 1Password using the 1Password app.[/list]

I hope that helps, please let me know.

[/quote]

I don't think that's what he was really asking. Google, for example, is a problem. I have several logins for different family members' Google accounts and different family members' Google Apps account. If you are already logged into Google in any capacity as a different user, using 1Password to login fails, because the username field is hardcoded in by Google with only the password field.

I wish there were a way to do one of the following:

[list]

[*]Have an option in each 1Password Login item that would "push" a "Logout" button on the current screen prior to inserting the URL to login, or

[*]Make 1Password more sensitive to the current URL when you press the shortcut key (i.e., if you are at www.google.com/ig, don't let my Google Apps account with base URL http://www.google.com/a/gerrity.org show up when I press cmd backslash, or

[*]Add a field in the Login item that is essentially "First visit this URL, THEN go to the specified URL." That way if you knew the specific URL of the logout or login page, it would visit that first prior to filling.

[/list]

I find this problem in Google all the time, and with some of my banking sites sites as well. I know about the suggested workaround of having two different entries (for example KeyBank I and KeyBank II) where the first one takes you to the "is this your keyword" screen and the second fills from there, but I haven't figured out a way to make that work with Google.

Perhaps this is a Google only issue???
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited September 2010
    [quote name='mark&yvonne' timestamp='1281040829' post='7822']Can you please let me know, when I leave a site I have logged on to using 1Password, does 1PW properly log out or do I still have to manually log out?

[/quote]

You need to manually logout, 1P only logs you into the site not out.