This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Sync w/ iOS Beta

Does the 1Password USB Sync (Beta) always default to syncing with 1Password 4 (Beta) for iOS rather than the retail MAS version?

Is there any way to select which version it tries to sync with?

Comments

• I make a new entry on the Mac. I sync the phone, and I get what's in the attached image. It says one change on the Mac side, but no changes on the iPhone side. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited February 2013

Hi Tom,

No, that's correct. You made the new item on the Mac, thus one new change on the Mac side, not on the iOS side. It needs to compare both files to find out the differences first before it can sync, which is what you see.

Try restarting the app, see if it'll show zero now.

• Hi Mike,

My point is that after I sync shouldn't it show one change on the iOS side to indicate that a new item was added?

Thanks.

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi Tom,

The app is not showing the new changes as the result of the sync, it's showing what's different between both sides. In other words, it's saying there's one thing that's different with one data file and it needs to be synced to match it with the other data file.

When you sync, you're merging the data into the same data file on both sides, there should be no changes after the sync is completed, thus it should be zero on both sides.

At the moment, the USB Sync tool does not refresh after the sync is done. We're still working on that part but right now, we're focused on the core stability before we focus on the rest of the app.

Did it show zero changes on both sides when you restart the app?

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi Henry,

I assume you mean the App Store version rather than the Mac App Store version.

By default, yes, it tries to sync with the beta app first. You can turn it off by going to the Options Menu > Sync with Beta App.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.