This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Error Unable to deencrypt secure passwords

willrich22
edited February 2013 in Android

Using 1 password Android and linked through dropbox on the Mac.
Unable to access ANY passwords as they stay encrypted.
Instructions are to resync the passwords but this has not worked.

You did work with a similar case earlier but completed it offline by Email.

willrich22

New logons are showing decryption error on phone

I'm running 1Password 1.0.9.305 on my desktop, using Dropbox 1.4.7 for syncing to my Windows Phone 8 device running the 1Password app showing version Beta #1.4.2.1. I've added a couple of new logons on my desktop today. When those logons were synced to 1Password on my phone, I'm receiving the following error when attempting to view them:

ERROR Unable to decrypt secure content for: xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Reason: NullReferenceException

At the same time I added these two logons, I added two new wallet items. Both of these synced and display without error. Also, existing logons and other information entered in the past are syncing and displaying without error. My 1Password database is synced via DropBox between two desktop machines and two Windows Phone 8 devices. The new entries synced and dislpay correctly on the other desktop, but both phones are having the same issue/error.

I work in IT and 1Password is one of my most used applications on a daily basis. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi @Willrich22,

I'm sorry about this issue. Please make sure you update your 1Password client on your Windows desktop, you should be at 1.0.9.317, not .305.

I'm a bit confused here, is this an issue with Windows Phone device or an Android device? Or am I misreading your post and the message on the bottom is from previous case?

Please let me know.

• I apologize for the confusion. I included an earlier post that raised the issue of failure to deencrypt.
    I am using an Android phone with 1password of 1.8.5.1 and an iMac with 1password 3.8.2.
    My Android 1password does not allow me to see any information about the passwords or URLs or anything.
    This applies to all passwords, all accounts, all Identities.
    The error message is Unable to decrypt secure content for ...
    The Dropbox seems to be working fine.
    It also states Please resync your phone one more time. That has not worked.

willrich22

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Great, thanks for the clarification.

It sounds like the encryption keys haven't synced properly or the Android app isn't able to read it. Try editing those new Login items, make sure everything looks good and add some random text to your note field. Save them and do the following:

1. Open 1Password on your iMac, go to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File
    2. Wait for Dropbox to finish its sync, make sure you see a green checkmark on its blue icon in your menubar.

Once you do this, see if you can open and view those on your Android devices.