This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Fill Login menu greyed out in Firefox

<div class="IPBDescription">Can't use 1Password to login</div>I have recently begun having a problem with the login in 1Password in Firefox 3.6.8 not allowing me to use the login for several websites. When I choose the 1Password icon next to the address bar, the login is there, but is greyed out. Unless I remember that particular login, I have to open 1Password itself and view the login and manually enter it. To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed on my system (1Mac Core Duo running Snow Leopard 10.6.4). I'd love a clue how to troubleshoot the problem.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2010
    [quote name='njentzsch' timestamp='1281114832' post='7853']

I have recently begun having a problem with the login in 1Password in Firefox 3.6.8 not allowing me to use the login for several websites. When I choose the 1Password icon next to the address bar, the login is there, but is greyed out. Unless I remember that particular login, I have to open 1Password itself and view the login and manually enter it. To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed on my system (1Mac Core Duo running Snow Leopard 10.6.4). I'd love a clue how to troubleshoot the problem.

[/quote]

Hi njentzsch, welcome to the forums.

This is a known issue with Firefox 3.6.8, we are investigating for a solution to this. Have you try to restart Firefox and if that didn't work, reboot your Mac? The reboot works for some, but not all.
  • romad
    romad Member
    edited August 2010
    I have it reversed. If I Control-Click to log in, the Fill & Submit is grayed-out, however the Fill & Submit in the 1P button works fine.

iMac G5, Mac OS 10.5.8

EDIT:

OK, it is fixed. Following another post in this forum, I launched 1Paswword and went to the Browsers tab in Preferences. There I found TWO Firefox entries: "Firefox" and "Firefox (Default User)". The latter was checked, but the former wasn't. I checked it so now BOTH are checked. I then relaunched Firefox and the Control-Click Fill & Submit was working again.
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1281118100' post='7856']

Hi njentzsch, welcome to the forums.

This is a known issue with Firefox 3.6.8, we are investigating for a solution to this. Have you try to restart Firefox and if that didn't work, reboot your Mac? The reboot works for some, but not all.

[/quote]

This has been going on for a while and reboots have been done. Doesn't solve it for me. I look forward to a solution. Can't imagine navigating without my 1Password!! Fantastic product.
  • detroy
    detroy Junior Member
    [quote name='njentzsch' timestamp='1281371152' post='8028']

This has been going on for a while and reboots have been done. Doesn't solve it for me. I look forward to a solution. Can't imagine navigating without my 1Password!! Fantastic product.

[/quote]

I have the same problem on my imac, but not on my macbook running the same browser & 1Password version. Both sync to the same Dropbox file.

Thanks for reminder on the control-click, that usually works (at least for now).
  • I'm having this problem on my MacbookPro running 10.6.4 ... it's making 1Password kinda unusable.
  • DarkAthena
    DarkAthena Junior Member
    I am also having an issue with the 1Password button in Firefox is grayed out when trying to log in.

Firefox 3.6.6 and Mac OS X 10.6.3. When I click the 1Password button in Firefox, the option to fill and submit is grayed out. I am able to control-click and log-in that way. I'm used to using the button in the browser so this is a little annoying.

I do love 1Password, though, so I will patiently wait for a fix. Just thought I would throw my stats in to help with the bug hunt.
  • butter
    butter Junior Member
    Ditto for me too.

Can't access ANY logins via FireFox. All greyed out.
  • Same situation here; started two weeks ago. Re-boots & re-launches don't have an effect; neither do Control-clicking or Option-clicking.

[iMac Intel Core 2 Duo; OS 10.6.4]
  • As of this morning, IT'S FIXED. Gotta love the guys at Agile!!!!!!!!!
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    [quote name='njentzsch' timestamp='1282229485' post='9173']

As of this morning, IT'S FIXED. Gotta love the guys at Agile!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

This is great. Thank you for the update!
  • still doesn't work with me: FireFox 3.6.8 1Password Version 3.3.1 (build 30709

Still some sites greyed-out.

Safari works OK
  • still doesn't work for me. The 1Password icon next to the address bar does not work and control click shows 1Password that doesn't go any further.

Firefox 3.6.8 and 1Password 3.4.0.BETA-5 (build 30731) iMac 10.5.8

Works great in Safari but I prefer Firefox when it works...